sábado, 22 de maio de 2010

REALITY - chapter 5

"Ouch! Look at my arm! It's all bruised and scratched!" Jeff complained.
"Good! Next time, you better warn a person that she... Wasn't as presentable as she could." The girl said him. She continued. "Now, getting to the main point of our previous conversation: do you want to know what happened?"
He nodded. It was time to get serious.
"So listen."

--Flashback--

I was preparing to leave when the paramedics asked if I wanted to go in the ambulance with him, since I was the only one who knew him. I glanced at my father pleading for an answer. What should I do?
"How is it gonna be?" The man's voice pulled me back to reality. "We have to hurry!"
"Of... Of course I want." I managed to say. "Dad... We meet at the hospital, okay?"
"No problem." And he left.
The paramedics helped me into the ambulance and we were heading to the hospital. It seems like it was a scene of a movie... The sounds, the people, the blood... The only difference is that this was reality. Welcome to the real world.
I started to cry and one of the men in the ambulance comforted me. "He is going to be all right. Don't worry." This wasn't right. They shouldn't pay attention to me, but to Jeff. (At least this was what I wanted to say, but instead I burst into tears...).

We get to the hospital and the entered to the ER and I had to stay outside waiting for my father.

He finally came and handed my cell phone. I dialled Jeff's number as fast as possible.
It's calling...
Still the same...
Voicemail. I hung up and tried again.
Calling...
...
Voicemail again.
I don't have his parents' number... What do I do?
My father noticed my teary eyes and calmed me down. "Don't worry... Try to call that friend of yours... The one who has a pink bag with a huge teddy bear painted on it. Isn't she his neighbour?" I was already dialling her number.
Calling...
...
Please answer.
"Hello?"
"Riza? Thank God! I need you to do me a huge favor."
"Of course. Anything."
"Warn J.'s parents to come to the hospital."
"Why? Has something happened?"
"Jeff was hit by a car and currently has lost his senses." My voice is starting to tremble.
"Oh no! I'll go warn them right away."
"Thanks."
"No, it's okay. Please warn me when he wakes up. Bye"
"Fine. Bye"

--Present--

Woops. I started texting Riza.
In the meantime I asked Jeff something that was bothering me for a while. "Hey, J.!"
"Yes?" He retorted.
"Where the hell is your phone?"
"I left it the gym's locker. I was going to get it when that man ran me over."
"Hum... I spent a really long time trying to contact your family. If you haven't forgotten, it had been helpful." I sighed. "Anyway, after that your parents came. They spent the first day here and yesterday they went home to get you a change of clothes."
He interrupted me. "What about you? You didn't have to stay."
"I stayed here with your parents because I was worried. Yesterday, my father had to do a double shift and I took the chance to stay here too." (But I would stay with him through everyday until he'd wake up, even if my father didn't have to work in the hospital during the night.) Then I remembered that he maybe didn't want me there since Friday he refused to talk with me. "But, as you're okay, maybe I should get going."
He stared at me confused. "Err... Why?"
"I don't want to force you to speak to me."

Nenhum comentário: