quarta-feira, 19 de maio de 2010

LIGHT - chapter 3

...
Where the hell am I?
Am I dead?... 'Cause, if I am, being dead sucks.
It's dark and painful.
...
I can't be dead. Or else I wouldn't feel pain... right?
Arrgghhhh!! How do I know? I never died before!
...
Now that I think about it, it seems that I'm in a bed. And there is this annoying 'beep-beep' that sounds just like an heartbeat.
Woohoo!! I'm not dead! I'm not dead! I'm just stuck in a hospital bed. Lucky me!
By the way... What time is it? I'm tired of being in this pitch darkness.
It won't hurt to ask.
"Is someone there?"
No response. I just have to wait for a doctor or nurse to come.


There are steps approaching, the door is opening and a nurse is coming in. But doesn't turn the lights on and is only guiding herself with the hallway's light.
"Good night. Would you mind to turn on the lights or lit a candle? It's too dark in here and I'm not very sleepy..."
Well, by her silent reply I guess I scared her a bit.
"Hello. You're finally awake!" She said, more at ease now. "I'm sorry about the darkness in the bedroom, but I can raise the blinds... After all it's already morning." And start doing the new chore I had asked her.
"If you wait..." The nurse continued. "... 23 minutes, more or less, she will wake up."
"She?" All right... Now I'm confused.
"Yes. Now I'll finish the rounds and then call the doctor." And with that she walked away, and allowed me to see the sleeping form on the bed next to me.
That long dark red hair and pale skin wouldn't fool him anywhere: it was Kim.
As if she wanted to confirm my guess, she turned around to face me... Drooling! (It's taking me everything I've got not to burst out laughing right now.)
She seems so cute and defenseless like that... Wait! What am I saying? She's only my friend. Nothing more than that... I shouldn't have this kind of feelings for friends.
Even so, it's still true.

As much as I was enjoying this view, a sudden sound freaked me out.

"At night I hear it creeping
At night I feel it move
I'll never sleep here anymore"

Apparently, it was the alarm of Kim's phone... But she only shifted to the other side.
The volume keep on raising.

"I wish you never told me
I wish I never knew
I wake up screaming
It's all because of you"

She must be sound asleep for not hearing this... I'm almost deaf. (So what if I am exagerating? The volume is really high! Does she realize we are in a hospital?)

"So real these voices in my head
When it comes back you won't be
Scared and lonely
You won't be sca-"

After a lot of moans and grunts from her behalf she finally shut off the alarm.
I can't help but tease her about this.
"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty! I thought you'd never wake until all the hospital was here complaining..."
I must say that the look on her face was priceless. P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S. I'll never forget her face, even if I have amnesia. Green eyes wide open in shock, a giant mess of bed hair framing her freckled cheeks and drool still on her face (which I wouldn't warn her about).
It's a pity that she shruged that look away and came, as quickly as she could, with a reply. "Sleeping Beauty? Me? You sure took your sweet time waking up... I'm here since Friday and it didn't seem that you wanted to wake up anytime soon."
"Since Friday?" What the hell happened? "What the hell happened?"
She sat back on the bed. "You were in a coma for two days."
I was in a... Coma?

Nenhum comentário: