quinta-feira, 20 de maio de 2010

FIGHT - chapter 4

"What's the last thing you remember?"
He thought about it. "A car hit me and then I was lying on the street until I lost my senses."
"Wow. Such a detailed explanation..." I sighed. "As you've such a short memory I'll tell you what happened. Apparently you were hit by a driver who was texting to his friends, so he didn't see you crossing the street. You must have taken a hard blow on your head because you were bleeding really bad when the ambulance arrived."
He suddenly interrupted me. "You were there weren't you? Back then, my head wasn't very clear, so I didn't figure it was you. But now... It seems that not recognizing you makes me the most dumb thing on Earth." (I must admit that I was really touched by his speech. This is, until he continued...) "Not realizing that the histerical redheaded girl screaming at my ears was you... I really was knocked out." I twitched an eyebrow and threwed him a pillow right to his face. (Bullseye!) Of course, he had to start complaining. "Hey! What the hell? Can't you take a joke like normal people? I'm sick here!" I retorted. "Yeah sure, big baby..."
"He's sure, Kim." We both look to where the voice had come. My father was entering the room. "I'm glad you're already awake, Jeff. First, if you didn't wake up soon, you could never woken up." Shivers run through my body... And I think they run through Jeff's body too. "Second, I don't think I could handle a sulking Kim for more than one week." Jeff bursted in laughter. I gapped... Even my dad was making fun of me. "However, now I have to check on other patients and as you're already so lively, I'll let you two talk for a bit longer while I finish the rounds." My father was leaving the room but stopped and turned back, facing me. "By the way, Kim, wipe the drool off your face." I blushed really bad, and quickly cleaned my face. I turned to Jeff... He looked like a maniac laughing (a really sick person wouldn't do that, right?). He knew about it... All. This. Time. "You didn't say anything! I'm going to kill you!" And with that my father left Jeff's room and went to check other patients.

Nenhum comentário: