domingo, 17 de abril de 2011

FALLEN

Lua Nova, 03 de Fevereiro de 2011


I can't believe it.
I'm free.
I managed to run away. I can feel it all. The mud splashing beneath my feet, the leafs whipping my limbs and chest, the rain dripping from my hair right down on my face and back. And I'm running. Running. And it feels so good.
No more needles, experiments, torture or anything. I'm allowed to do whatever I want. And so, I laugh... The sound of my laughter pierces my ears. It had been so long since I've heard myself... My voice. These cries of pure joy.
I've been closed up in that lab for half a century. Had gone through awful things. And I wasn't the only one. Though it pained me, I haven't helped my companions... But there was no way I could. Or I'd be captured again... But I will help them. Right now I'll search for others of my kind.
I should be miles away, even though it had passed only a few minutes... And this "little" run has been enough to put my blood flowing. Let's speed up, spread wings and... Soar... In the bluest of the skies. He still remembered his first flight (not one of his finest moments) but it still felt the same. He heard the movement of his wings following the tempo marked by the beating of his heart.
I'm free. Free to reach the sky. The excitement make my heart thump faster, but... This is too fast. AAAAARRRRGGHHHHHHHH!!! MY BACK! It burns...

I open my eyes to see grey. And to feel an excruciating pain on my back. I shivered covered in cold sweat. all those monochrome colors and metallic sounds around me made me realize that I was back into my cell... Correction: that I was still in my cell. Apparently I never left. It was all an hallucination.
I tried to scream knowing that no sound would ever leave my throat. My hands made their way up to feel the stitches of an old surgery where they cut my vocal cords.
I needed something.
I tried to bring my left wing forward to warm me up. It hurts but I have to try. Why can't I see it? Where is the white tainted by the colors of sunrise? I turn my back to the people watching me all-high-and-mighty in their lab coats, scribbling and whispering to each other as I realize that my wing had been removed... All that was left was some kind of cut bone in each side of my back.
I lay still enduring everything. I bring my knees to my chest and cover my face in a feeble attempt to hide the shame of being wingless. No matter how much I try to use the muscles that supported my wings it only brings more pain.
The others are probably in the same state. Now we're nothing but deformed creatures.
Fallen angels that will never have the chance to rise up again.