domingo, 6 de junho de 2010

KISS - chapter 8

I got up and paid for my breakfast. What would I do now? Go home or wait?
I picked up my phone and wondered whether to call my father or not. As if it was magic it rang.
"Hi, dad!"
"Hi. Where are you?" My father retorted.
"I'm still in the hospital. Somewhere in the 4th floor."
"Oh. All right. Do you plan on going home or will you stick around with Jeff?"
Well, not exactly with Jeff. "Err... I'll be around here and then go home with you." Good, this way I won't be lying.
My father said «goodbye» and hung up... Now the only question left: what will I do?

Going back to Jeff's room doesn't sound like a good idea. Even though I know that he probably doesn't want me around, I guess I wouldn't bear to hear that from his mouth.
I could always go and take a walk in the garden... Yeah, that's a good idea!

"Aaarrghh!! Leave me alone!" Someone was shouting in the lobby. I rushed there to see what was happening.
"I'm sorry, but you have to come with me." It was another person. His voice didn't seem very happy.
"But I didn't do anything wrong!!" A boy said in his defence. "And I'm telling the truth! My arm IS broken!"
"I don't care! Who the hell said that you could enter the supplies room?" So the other man should be a policeman or something like that...
"I already apologized... I was only looking for someone and... Ooouch!!!" That sounds painful. "Excuse me! Could you at least hold me by the other arm?!"

When I got there, well, you can picture the scene: the policeman dragging the boy outside the hospital. And now... Surprise, surprise: the boy is Jeff. I should have guessed... I leave him alone and he screws everything up. Maybe I should just let the man take him... And again, if I did that there was the possibility that my father would be accused of negligence or so for letting a stupid patient, also known as Jeff, alone.
I was going to rescue him. "Excuse me, officer."
Two (very surprised) heads turn to face me. Jeff was the first one to talk. "Kim! Thank god you're here. I wa-"
"Quiet!" The man ordered Jeff and then talked to me. "Yes?"
"I'm very sorry for Jeff... My name is Kim and I know him: he's my father's patient. He suffered a car accident and hit his head, so he must be a bit confused and left the room, probably looking for me." I explained to the very angry man in front of me. After staring at me for a while his face softened... My apologetic and innocent look is amazing.
"Very well. Please make sure you don't leave him alone this time." The policeman let Jeff go, who immediately run to my side. "I don't want to be disturbed again because of him."
"I'm sorry." I apologized again and elbowed Jeff.
"What the hell, Kim?" He muttered and after glaring at him he talked to the officer. "I'm sorry for causing so much trouble." And with that we left.

We got to the elevator. Neither I nor he had said a word. When we got in no one was there, so I decided to burst. "Have you lost your mind?"
He looks at me. "What?"
"I left you alone while I went to eat breakfast and you were already being expelled from the hospital! For God's sake! You only woke up this morning and it's only 1:30 p.m.!" I was screaming really loud by the time we got to his bedroom. "Can't you live without me to cover for you?"
He was staring at me like I had asked the most stupid question in the whole world.
"No." He simply stated.
...
Was he testing my patience?
He continued, smirking. "After all, it's your part of the deal."
"But I won't be always around..." I explained. "There will come the time when we'll break apart."
"I don't want to." He said, looking serious.
When I was about to reply he came forward and kissed me. At first, I didn't know what was happening (I mean, this couldn't be truth... It was too good) but after a while I gave in.
When we broke for air, I woke up from this mindfuck and did the only logical thing to do in this situation...

Nenhum comentário: