quinta-feira, 23 de abril de 2009

FAREWELL - One Last Goodbye, Until We Meet Once Again

Charles entered in the library quietly and stood still, close to the door, watching her. She was on the ground staring to the corpses. Her eyes were lost in tears and painful memories. He could imagine what was passing through her mind: her last moments, her parents being killed right in front of her eyes and looking for her body under the other two. However she hadn't courage enough to do that because that would mean that she was dead... Alone in a world where she doesn't belong to.
While watching her, he remembered the conversation with his boss:
"... Half a century ago a well-off family lived there until they were assaulted by burglars which killed the whole family. Later, they were captured and confessed everything: they make the family hand their money and valuable things, and then they killed every member. The first one was Mr. Keaton, then his wife and the last one was their daughter, Allyson. She saw the slaughter and then was killed too. Unlike her parents she didn't scream nor did anything else. The only thing they heard was "Charles" but they were almost certain that she was already dead. And before leaving one of them swore he had seen a white shadow wandering across the hall...
That's why you have to send the ghost to other place... To the light if you want.”
- Charles? - Allyson called.
That voice woke him up from his thoughts.
- Do you mind to show me my... body? - she continued.
That last word was spelled like a whisper.
- Of course.
So he went to the place where they were. He moved her parents' corpses aside and uncovered hers, with her clothes tainted in dry blood.
- Thank you, Charles. That's it. It's the only thing I need to convince myself that I was really dead, now I can't find any excuses for this...
- I really need you to understand that this wasn't your fault... They died trying to protect you because they loved you... You don't belong here anymore. - Charles explained - You have to leave... To cross over.
- It wasn't guilt that kept me here...
Charles got confused.
- Was it revenge? Hatred? - He asked, trying to understand.
It was nothing like that. She stood up and stayed face to face with Charles.
- I'm so sorry for fighting so hard against what you asked of me... It is just that I spend so time trying to forget that horrible day that I created a whole new life. And now I want to ask you to help me to cross over... Please?
Her face was so calm and innocent, that the only thing he could do was step forward and held her in his arms.
- It's all going to be all right... Don't fear. I will help you, if that's what you really want...
She starts crying again. Not tears of sadness... but of joy. It's just like her dream. That was what kept her behind... Her only bond to this world was him: she stayed there waiting for him. Her love...
Then she held him too and looked right to him... That pale skin with dark hair and eyes and wearing black made him look just like a god of death... But to her he was the most beautiful angel she had ever seen.
After this a white light embrace them... He opened his eyes and saw Allyson shining and fading away: she was finally crossing over. Besides his mind being happy for that, his heart only told him his selfish desire: keep her with him.
- Thank you for everything, Charles. - she started. - You finally made me realise what I needed to cross over: you! You were always in my dreams and that made me stay here... waiting for you... Hoping for you to come here.
He couldn't say a word. So, Allyson continued.
- That's why I have to thank you. The feeling that made me still here was love... love for you.
Now, I know that... And I can feel that you have the same feelings for me... That's why I have to leave. But I'll be here waiting for you. Goodbye...
Charles watched her soul fading away while shedding a tear. After that, the light disappeared and everything became aged and, somewhat, ruined.
He wanted to say "I love you too, Allyson! I'm the one who should be thanking you for allow me to meet you...". However, the only thing he said was:
- Goodbye! I'm looking forward to our next meeting...
And so, he left the house while the rain, that had started, washed the blood of Allyson's corpse and clothes, leaving them as an untouched treasure... At least, that was what looked like to him.

Nenhum comentário: